Grass Valley Yoga is delighted to reach out to the greater community by providing a DONATION YOGA class.
This class is held every Saturday morning from 10:30 am-12 pm.
Led by certified yoga instructor Laura Prakash.
This class is an all-levels, traditional yoga class, and open to all physical and financial abilities. Absolute beginners are always welcome!
The inspiration behind this class is to make yoga accessible to anyone who wishes to give yoga a try or continue practicing. At Grass Valley Yoga we pride ourselves in being a friendly non-intimidating studio where we aim to provide personal care and attention to everyone who enters our space. Instructor Laura enjoys catering classes to her students, and paying great attention to detail. She likes to tell her students, “It doesn’t matter how you look in the pose; it matters how you feel.” Laura encourages correct alignment in poses, in order to build strength through the joints and the core. Students leave feeling enlightened, grounded and connected following Laura’s classes. At a minimum, be expected to leave class with a smile on your face!
If you’re in the market for a yoga class, the Donation YOGA class is a great place to start! There is no need to commit to a series of classes, simply come as you are and deposit what you can in the pot. Our goal is to help you to understand where your body properly fits in each pose, leaving you feeling stronger and more confident in your yoga understanding and ability.
One of yoga’s greatest gifts is its emphasis on the breath. As you move while consciously inhaling and exhaling, you increase your breathing capacity and bring awareness to how your breath supports your movement. You may discover you take shallow breaths into your chest, or you tend to hold the breath while exerting physical effort. A continued practice of yoga will help you to deepen the breath, and therefore enjoy a more relaxed and vibrant life. Yoga offers many physical, physiological and emotional benefits. It is never too late to start.
Laura has been teaching yoga for over 20 years, and has a passion for community & connection. Read her full bio here.
We invite you to take a drive through the trees and meet like-minded community members down at Grass Valley Yoga.
Gentle Yoga is a great yoga class for everybody. At Grass Valley Yoga, we provide a non-threatening environment, compassionate and welcoming to all. Whether you are new to yoga, or have been practicing for a while, you will find our Gentle Yoga class will awaken and relax your body and mind. Stretch, relax and leave feeling restored & renewed.
“Yoga is not about touching your toes, it’s about what you learn on the way down.” ~Judith Hanson Lasater
Guidance in class is towards mindful body movements with an emphasis on connecting body, mind and spirit at a deep personal level. The flow of class is slower paced, nurturing, well-supported and relaxing. With the practice of yoga evolving dramatically in the last 20 years in America, classes like gentle yoga are becoming more popular because a gentler approach is more effective in obtaining the peace we ultimately desire in a yoga practice.
Gentle yoga is ideal enough for all age groups and level of fitness. Remarkably, a large portion of our clients who practice gentle yoga are in their 70’s and certainly don’t look their age!
Here are some of the Benefits of Gentle Yoga:
- Increased mindfulness by moving slower through the postures and connection to self. Finding the balance of peace of mind is achieved through yoga practice.
- Increase flexibility through gentle purposeful stretches and movements.
- Breath Awareness by utilizing simple breathing techniques, you will learn how to effectively breathe deeper, and to connect to your breath. The breath is one of the most important parts of yoga.
- Stress reduction is one of the number one effects you will notice. Yoga, in general, gives us simple tools that help deal with stress. Mindfully, we learn how to be calmer and release stress in our bodies.
- Strengthening muscles through asanas (postures) that increase the flow of oxygen and life force energy resulting in stronger muscles that help to support the entire frame of the body.
- Meditation is practiced in class through guided meditation and as a moving meditation through the asanas. Of course, every class finishes with a savasana; a deep mindful relaxing pose where we simply lie on our backs.
- Self-awareness and patience by learning to be patient and present with our bodies and breath. Learn how paying attention to details of our body can help in all areas of our lives.
We invite you to experience the joys and benefits of a yoga practice.
Our Gentle Yoga class is held Mondays 10:30-12 pm.
“Yoga is a light. Which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” ~B.K.S Iyengar