- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Please refrain from chewing gum or wearing perfume.
- Since the practice is physical, it is best to practice on an empty belly. Meals should be consumed at least 2 hours prior to class; snacks at least 1 hour.
- No food or open containers are allowed in the studio.
- We encourage students to bring their own yoga mat; however, loaner mats are available at
- You may bring a water bottle and hand towel. All other props are provided.
- Restroom is available that may be used as a changing space.
- Please silence mobile devices upon entering Grass Valley Yoga.
- Arrive a few minutes prior to the start of class to allow plenty of time to check-in.
- New Students are required to sign a waiver prior to participating in their first class, arrive a few minutes early.
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes late for a yoga class, please gently knock on the door and then wait while the teacher is centering the students. You may join class after centering is complete and teacher leads you inside.
- Please wait until students have exited the classroom before entering for the next class.
- Please keep conversation low outside when another class is in session.
- Every student is required to sign in.
- Workshops are not a part of the series pricing
- Remove shoes prior to entering the studio.
- At the close of the class, please replace all props to the place and presentation in which you found them.
- Wipe down studio mats prior to putting away, cleaner is provided.
Special Conditions & Injuries
Anyone with series medical conditions or injuries should consult a doctor prior to participating in a yoga or other fitness class. GVY classes offer a wonderfully therapeutic practice and we encourage you to listen to your body, taking the appropriate modifications. The practice should not hurt. It is your responsibility to inform the teacher if you are pregnant or have any injuries prior to the start of class.
Young Student Policy
Any student under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian’s signature on the waiver.
Our classes are designed for students 16 years of age and older. Students 13 to 16 years of age may attend classes when a parent or guardian is in attendance for the same class. Any exceptions to these policies must be addressed with management prior to class.
Your privacy is very important to us. Any personal information you choose to give us will only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services, products, and support.
We will never share your personal or financial information with any other party. We do not share bank information with any outside parties.
Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you sign up and pay for a workshop and are unable to attend please contact us to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the workshop.