Gentle Yoga is a great yoga class for everybody. At Grass Valley Yoga, we provide a non-threatening environment, compassionate and welcoming to all. Whether you are new to yoga, or have been practicing for a while, you will find our Gentle Yoga class will awaken and relax your body and mind. Stretch, relax and leave feeling restored & renewed.
“Yoga is not about touching your toes, it’s about what you learn on the way down.” ~Judith Hanson Lasater
Guidance in class is towards mindful body movements with an emphasis on connecting body, mind and spirit at a deep personal level. The flow of class is slower paced, nurturing, well-supported and relaxing. With the practice of yoga evolving dramatically in the last 20 years in America, classes like gentle yoga are becoming more popular because a gentler approach is more effective in obtaining the peace we ultimately desire in a yoga practice.
Gentle yoga is ideal enough for all age groups and level of fitness. Remarkably, a large portion of our clients who practice gentle yoga are in their 70’s and certainly don’t look their age!
Here are some of the Benefits of Gentle Yoga:
- Increased mindfulness by moving slower through the postures and connection to self. Finding the balance of peace of mind is achieved through yoga practice.
- Increase flexibility through gentle purposeful stretches and movements.
- Breath Awareness by utilizing simple breathing techniques, you will learn how to effectively breathe deeper, and to connect to your breath. The breath is one of the most important parts of yoga.
- Stress reduction is one of the number one effects you will notice. Yoga, in general, gives us simple tools that help deal with stress. Mindfully, we learn how to be calmer and release stress in our bodies.
- Strengthening muscles through asanas (postures) that increase the flow of oxygen and life force energy resulting in stronger muscles that help to support the entire frame of the body.
- Meditation is practiced in class through guided meditation and as a moving meditation through the asanas. Of course, every class finishes with a savasana; a deep mindful relaxing pose where we simply lie on our backs.
- Self-awareness and patience by learning to be patient and present with our bodies and breath. Learn how paying attention to details of our body can help in all areas of our lives.
We invite you to experience the joys and benefits of a yoga practice.
Our Gentle Yoga class is held Mondays 10:30-12 pm.
“Yoga is a light. Which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” ~B.K.S Iyengar